To serve you better, we've assembled a list of our residents' most frequently asked questions. If you don't find your answer here, feel free to contact us.

Frequently Asked Questions

City Hall

What hours is City Hall open?

City Hall is closed to the public until further notice due to the Covid-19 situation. The office is still opperating, so please call 651-674-7546 and leave a detailed message or email and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you in advance for your patience as we all work together in these rapidly changing times.

Is the City Hall closed on holidays?

Yes. City Hall is closed on the following holidays:

New Year's Day

Martin Luther King Jr Day

President's Day

Good Friday

Memorial Day

Independence Day

Labor Day

Columbus Day

Veteran's Day

Thanksgiving Day & day after

Christmas Eve 

Christmas Day


Building Permits & Inspections

What is the process for getting a building permit?

Take a moment to read all required information provided by Chisago County via the links above. Then contact Chisago County for a building permit application form. Forms are available at the county office or may be mailed to you by the county. 

Should you have any additional questions, please feel free contact the county at 651-213-8372 / www.co.chisago.mn.us/278/Building-Construction-Permits.

Water Utilities

I am moving out of my house and need a meter reading - who do I contact?

Please call City Hall at least 10 days prior to moving/closing to schedule a meter reading. 651-674-7546

Why do I have a previous balance when I know I sent in my payment?

We may have received it after the due date or we may not have received it at all. Call our office and we will help you solve the problem.

How do I change the billing address for my water bill?

Please call or email the Treasurer with your new address.

651-674-7546 or treasurer@harrismn.com

New Resident Resources

How do I sign up to receive Alerts and News & Notices?

Simply click the "Sign Up for Alerts" button located ……fill out the brief form with your preferred contact information and click submit

Where do I go to vote?

All City elections are conducted by the City of Harris please visit the elections page for locations and upcoming election information.